Monday, February 22, 2010

Experiment

Well this past 6 months have been very interesting for me. I've made some pretty drastic changes to keep my family health and safe ie. having a chemical free home. Now my mom has done research on milk and the health benefits/hazards it has. Lets just say that the title of the movie clip she emailed everyone in my family was "Got Milk? Got Disease?" Pretty Harsh. After watching it most of my family thought"Hey why not? Lets just give it a try and go off it for 1 week." You would not believe the positive reactions that have happened to my family. Loosing weight was just a perk. So i'm 6 days now off dairy and truly it wasn't until last night that i was a little bit mad that i wouldn't put ranch on my salad. Surprisingly i've had a lot of fun buying healthy food and trying them out. like 100% natural peanut butter....i bought that....rice milk......i looked up on utube how to make hummus, and then i made it and ate it! Now i'm not saying that i'll never have dairy again but this has been a great lesson for me on how to eat better and becoming more aware of what i'm eating exactly. Thanks mom!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julianne, this is Tracey's sister (Coral) and I just thought your post had an interesting title so I thought I'd see what it was about. I totally get the whole milk thing! (I also sell Norwex, so my mom tells me that you do to) Anyway, there is another website called www.milksucks.com. Very interesting stuff. Anyway, enjoy the journey of being aware of what you eat. Also, there is another movie called Food Inc. It's very interesting, but I give you a caution that it will change how you look at food for the rest of your life.
    Take care, Coral

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my Mom went off milk she was amazed by how much better she felt. I just don't like it so I don't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay-- well, we're back on dairy and everyone broke out in eczema, but Isaac couldn't stand it another minute! Besides, I found that you can find anything you want on the internet be it good or bad about whatever it is you're eating, consuming, thinking about...Soy milk is the devil according to some websites and the dream come true on others, so who really knows?? Anyway, I really didn't find any change in me, but things are changing all the time anyway because of Baby batman. So, I'll stay off milk while nursing, but the boys are so much happier being able to have cereal again!

    ReplyDelete