Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Temple Trip

On Saturday the 6th Mike and I went with our ward to the Vancouver Temple. This was the first time we have been back to the temple since it was dedicated. I know! Way to long to have been so grateful for one so close and then never go. Well we finally did it and Mike's parents were kind enough to watch Owen for us. We couldn't believe we had a whole day date. Loved it! The morning in the temple was really peaceful and so nice to have familiar faces around. It was great how you pretty much can't possibly get lost in it. Oh the other perk was that my dress fit. It was a squeeze but a success. We were able to do work for Mike's dad side of the family. One of the cool things of marrying a 2nd generation Mormon there is lots of work to do!
We then drove to Ganville Island in Vancouver. There is a bridge and the whole island seemed to be under a bridge anyways it had the neatest stores. Like the entire island was dedicated to creativity and silliness. Clearly Mike and I are very silly and loved it very much.......is that clear? hmmmmm I don't think the world knows just how silly my husband is. Lets just say the first month of married life with him was a bit of a surprise cause he held nothing back in his silly little mind. I love him for it. Anyway there is a kids building where they even have a short front door just for kids. We spent most our time there. Had lunch shopped around some more and then drove back to the ferry. Now we can't wait to go back to the temple and explore more of Vancouver. Being there really made me feel blessed for where I live and how beautiful it is here and well much, much smaller. I love Victoria!
Owen did really well with Grandma and Grandpa McCullough. He slept in his bed and eat all his lunch and was happy all day so what more can you ask for. Thanks Fred and Janet!

No comments:

Post a Comment