Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Quilt




I finished it! I am actually kind of impressed with myself about how quickly I got it done. I got the Jelly Roll in August? September? Thankfully I had white material that mom had given me last Christmas to use. It was tricky finding time to do it with out Lyla eating the foot peddle and Owen climbing on my lap, but I set my mind to it and decided it was easier then it looked :)

This makes me think of the first quilt I ever made. It was a Christmas quilt as well. There is something about Christmas material that I'm drawn too. I was 12 and using my Grandma Pearl's old machine. That machine drove me nuts, but I was determined to win the fight. It was a simple little quilt, small, and I really have no idea where it is now. It was a great way for a little girl to avoid homework and make something pretty. I did a pretty good job. I made 2 more quilts after that one with help from my mom and sisters of course. The pictures you see above is the first time I cut, sewed, quilted and hand sewed the binding all by myself. I love that :)

The memories I have of sewing with my mom, grandma's and sisters are some of my best.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt looks great! I can't believe how fast you made it!

    ReplyDelete