Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma





We had all the family together to celebrate Janet.   We ate yummy food and enjoyed a little program in tribute of Janet.  I wrote this little poem.  You probably wrote a better one in grade 5 but hey why not?


What I’ve learned from you
By: Julianne McCullough

Janet McCullough
I remember when I first met you
Greeting me with a smile, hug and how do you do?

3 months later you became my new mom for goodness sake
You even picked out my wedding cake

I’ve been in your family
For just 5 years
but these are some things
I’ve learned from you my dear

Enjoy our beautiful earth everyday
Pick up a can or two on your way

Take care of your body
With vitamins and good food
Then maybe your hair will
Stay brown like me dude

Have a dream of your own
It might be the key
Just say “Shoo Fly, Don’t Bother Me!”

Stand up for yourself
Always be true
God loves you and
I love you too.

I have much more to learn
With each season that turns.

Thank you for all your support my dear
I wish you all the best in your 65th year.

That's the end of the poem.  Shoo fly, don't bother me is a book she wrote and a very good one at that.   Happy Birthday Janet!

1 comment: