Friday, July 3, 2009

Canada Day



Mike, Owen and I went downtown Victoria for the Canada Day fireworks. It seems as though all the youth and young adults in this city go into hiding the whole year until this day. Wait. You mean i won't see any of them at the grocery store and beach during the day. right. anyway, it was wierd at first. i felt out of place . there was definitely know one running towards us yelling "Mike! Julianne! What's Up?!" Like all the other 15 year olds there. The outfits were classic. sporting the Canada Eh? underwear over the spandex. You all know.
It was getting close to 10:00 and we were looking for a place to sit. It was funny because i was always looking for the best escape root with out really thinking about it. Mike called me on it and helped me realize we are here for the experience and not to sit, leave the fireworks 5 minutes early to get to the car fastest. haha classic. So the fireworks were awesome. Owen sat so still and watched them the entire time.
Now in "Prince of Whales Elementary" We always saluted the flag after we sang the national anthem. It goes like this.
"I salute the flag. The emblem of my country. To Her I pledge my love and loyalty."
I have never heard anyone else in this country say this except the people how went to my elementary. Wierd. I will stay true to the salute and say it every time i finish singing the national anthem!
Oh Canada! My home and native land! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment