Monday, July 26, 2010

The Alchemist

I read my second book this year. haha. I don't really read ever and when I do it's on vacation or weird occasions like this. It's called the Alchemist by: Paulo Coelho I must say it's my favourite book. MaryAnn my sister gave it to me for my Birthday and wrote behind the cover.
"Julianne, May you always follow your heart and live your dreams. Happy Birthday. Love, MaryAnn
Thank you Mary.
For any of you looking for a book that will inspire you to follow your "Personal Legend" or as we call them "dreams", it's a fantastic story.

5 comments:

  1. It's a great book. We read it in book club and everyone loved it. Read on, my sister, read on. Go to your library and read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always good to hear about a good read. I'll have to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I will have to read it! I have recently fell in love with reading! I could always use a good book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julianne,
    I have "lent" this book to about 5 friends. I never seem to get it back, so I have to buy myself another copy to read again. Then I lend that one out and so on and so on. I encourage you to re-read it every year or 2. Each time I read it (maybe 8 times) I find a new part of it that seems to be meaningful to what is happening in my life at that moment. Definately a keeper!

    ReplyDelete