Friday, February 18, 2011

Joy Rides

One of the things I loved doing with my dad is go for joy rides. We would always stop and grab a slurpee or get a sundae at DQ. Then get back in the car and just drive, and listen to music. It was one of the great ways my dad bonded with his kids. My dad would listen to us tell him about our days and listen to the music we liked, and he liked. It was great!

I have been feeling a little cabin fever so I got the kids and packed them in the car for a drive. This was a first. Owen and I grooved to the music. Lyla slept beautifully and we enjoyed the Victorian scenery. Owen was a bit ripped off that we just went back home after our drive, but it was a really nice drive. Next time we might need to make some special juice and bring it with us as we drive next time :) May the years of joy rides begin.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're a lucky girl to be able to go onthe island drives through thoses winding, gorgeous roads...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete